How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Works
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) improves health at every level of function in the body. By increasing pressure + oxygen, we’re able to supercharge healing far beyond our capabilities under normal conditions.
Reducing inflammation, enhancing growth hormone release, stimulating new connections in the brain through a process known as neuroplasticity, and growing new blood vessels are major benefits of HBOT.
Not only that, but HBOT improves detoxification, reduces swelling, improves circulation, increases stem cell production, and balances our major stress system (fight or flight) within our brain and body that are all essential for healing.
The most well known function of hyperbaric is its ability to increase oxygen (O2) levels by allowing oxygen to dissolve directly into the fluid of our blood (plasma), which allows O2 to travel unrestricted to all corners and crevices of our brain and body, saturating our tissues with our most important healing element.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is the only treatment capable of enhancing oxygen levels within our plasma, which makes it an extremely valuable tool for healing and optimizing human potential. It’s extremely safe and offers patients a natural approach many conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY?
WHAT DOES HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY DO TO YOUR BODY?
WHAT ARE BENEFITS OF HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY?
- elevated levels of plasma-rich oxygen that can penetrate deeper into our brain and body tissue
- growth of new blood vessels, known as angiogenesis, supplying our brain and body with long-term, vital nutrients for healing and growth
- reducing inflammation
- decreasing swelling. This is important for reducing long-term changes that swelling can create as it restricts blood flow
- stimulating the release of stem cells and growth factors that promote healing
- the removal of waste and toxin buildup (i.e. detoxification) by enhancing blood, lymphatic and cerebrospinal flow
- improves circulation
- balancing the stress systems (autonomic nervous system) within the our brain by strengthening parasympathetic function (rest and digest) and reducing sympathetic (fight or flight) activity that results in better sleep, improved emotional regulation, less anxiety and depression
- promoting neuroplasticity, allowing our brain to heal and grow by increasing the density of our brain connections. This improves signaling and processing speed for healthy function throughout our brain and body
- improving cerebrospinal flow which is important for removing toxins and waste from the brain and providing essential nutrients for healing and function
- lengthening of telomeres that is connected with anti-aging
- reducing senescent cell populations that helps prevent aging decline, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and cancer
- improves healing and flexibility of joints, tendons and ligaments by increasing fibroblast production and thereby collagen formation
- strengthens bones and speeds up healing after fractures because of osteoblast production that is stimulation by HBOT.
WHO IS HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY GOOD FOR?
- Brain injury
- Chronic pain
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Pre or post-surgical
- Lyme Disease
- Mental and physical performance optimization
HOW LONG DO SESSIONS LAST?
Hyperbaric sessions are typically 60 minutes, but after a consultation with a doctor we’ll create a plan specifically for you.